Home » Fixtures » Recent Article

Dunshaughlin V Ratoath

Dunshaughlin 0-7
Ratoath 0-7

Veteran Dunshaughlin midfielder and now Ratoath native Ray Maloney, was summoned from the bench with ten minutes to go. The evergreen Maloney who returned to training on Thursday, after a period of pursuing personal interests off the field, proved to be the saviour for Dunshaughlin as his injury time point levelled the match and gave Dunshaughlin a share of the spoils.

It was a fiery encounter, particularly in the second half. Maloney found himself at the centre of a scuffle on the Ratoath side of the field. It appeared that a number of the large Ratoath entourage got involved too, when really they shouldn’t have. This incident appeared to spur the away side on and they finished the stronger.

The half time score was 6 points to 1 in favour of Ratoath who played with a decent breeze. This didn’t tell the whole story as Dunshaughlin missed some scoreable frees and a penalty. The penalty was a strange one, nobody could see why it was given. Eoin Hagarty stepped up and struck it well, but the keeper saved. The keeper rushed out to the edge of the small square to save the strike. The penalty should have been re-taken but wasn’t. Ratoath relied on Joey Wallace in the first half and he scored some excellent points. Other than Wallace, the threat was minimal.

Cian Gallogly scored some excellent frees in the second half for the away side. Tommy Kinsella showed well and tried hard. At the back, Caoimhin King marshalled the troops and led by example. Shane Gallogly was introduced and made a difference. He had a couple of decent efforts, that on another day, would have went over. Gallogly is one Dunshaughlin will be hoping to get fit and firing in the coming weeks. Dunshaughlin dominated most of the play and pushed up on Ratoath from the start of the second half. Ratoath lost their discipline completely and conceded free after free and had a man sent off too after Dunshaughlin’s Niall Byrne had been wrestled to the ground for no apparent reason. Maloney and John Crimmins joined the fray and gave Dunshaughlin a bit of power around the middle for the last ten minutes. Also making a comeback was Cathal O’Dwyer, who had a chance with a free from distance that drifted wide near the finish. Tadgh O’Dushlaine failed to finish the match again after picking up a black card near the finish. O’Dushlaine will need to be more disciplined and let is football do the talking from now on.

Dunshaughlin will be looking to build on this draw as they take on Na Fianna on Wednesday in Dunshaughlin.

A.Smith, J.Wall, N.Murphy, J.Hetherington, D.Dunne, C.King (0-1), T.O’Dushlaine, B.Duggan, R.Geraghty, T.Johnson, F.Toolan, A.Kealy, C.Gallogly (0-5), E.Hagarty, T.Kinsella. Subs: N. Byrne, S.Gallogly, R.Maloney (0-1), J.Crimmins, C.O’Dwyer, W.Goodwin.

Comments are closed.